Wednesday, February 7, 2007

It's been a year

It's hard to believe it has been a year now. Life goes on, and I don't know that I've even cried thinking that today is an anniversary of loss. Not really my style to do that. When I grieve, it hits me at the oddest times -- like practicing in church choir last Sunday. And of course, the tears come when I never have a Kleenex!

What do I miss most? Well, his wicked, wicked laugh. Wonderful grin. The roundest,firmest tummy I've ever seen on a man. And his fried green tomatoes -- I ate so many one time I literally made myself ill. But most of all, I miss seeing his name on my computer screen and reading his outrageous comments while we instant messaged each other.

All in all, today was a good day. I remember where he is, and I know he is in a good place ... laughing wickedly.

No comments: