Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

So, folks, I am still sick ... the cold turned into a sinus infection. I finally broke down this morning and went to the doctor for ANTIBIOTICS which I'm pretty sure I haven't taken in like 14 years!! Guess it was just my time.

It's been good to rest, and I've gotten lots of practice turning off the voices in my head that say "Look at all this work piling up around you."

Let's just say I haven't slept so much in a one week period since high school.

But I'm really grateful for this past year, and I thought I would list a few accomplishments/events/items of note to celebrate:

1. Christmas decorations were put away slightly more organized than the previous year.
2. A major appliance only broke once -- it was the dryer, three days ago. And it will be another two days before the part comes in to fix it, but I am CALM.
3. A big chunk of landscaping got done thanks to the generous help of a couple of neighbors who finally whipped our butts into anti-procrastination mode by their helping us.
4. The living room got painted -- practically all by ME! Took me a month, but hey, it looks darn good.
5. Got my best teaching evaluations EVER!!
6. DH got laid off, but we have done our best to be cheerful during the transition. BTW, DH, YOU ROCK!
7. Went to the temple more.
8. Finished up estate crap for two people in my family who have passed on.
9. Went to a temple open house with DD and her friends. As they say in Utah, very special.
10. Went to Mexico with DH and friends and had a blast playing in the lazy river and eating fajitas every other day.

Happy new year everyone. With love and care ...

No comments: