Friday, April 29, 2011

Today

Today was a better day. Sheesh. So I got done what I could while I was feeling well, like going to the store and the gym. I even postponed a few errands, as I am trying to listen to my body and my brain and my heart and not overextend myself. I'm rather proud of myself for learning to listen like that ... for giving myself permission to even listen like that.

My kids are a wonder as they adapt to our new financial and physical limitations. DS, 18, offered to mow the entire yard in a very unfair exchange of chores between him and me. (Unfair to him, I might add, but he insisted.) Then, he and his older brother cooked their lunch today and then .... drumroll ... cleaned the entire kitchen without being asked, including unloading the dishwasher. I heard them working from the other room, came into the kitchen, had my suspicions delightfully confirmed, then felt an overwhelming desire to cry. I was that touched.

They never cease to amaze me. Who raised them? ;-).

You can see why I want them to wear their helmets when they are out on their bikes and longboards. I'd like to keep them around for while.

No comments: