Sunday, February 28, 2010

just life

Today, I am just writing. No great messages, no epiphanies, no trying to fix things ...

It's been a very busy week. I went straight from survival to rejuvenation, with very little disillusionment in between. Okay, there was some disillusionment, but nothing a little honesty couldn't improve.

I forget to be honest, with myself and with others. But as the dear fellow, John Astin, used to say on Night Court, I'm getting better all the time. The rejuvenation was due, in part, to the muscle relaxers darling doctor prescribed. Thank you, dear doctor.

Wedding plans continue to move forward. I can't believe said event will actually be happening -- my daugher is getting married!! -- and I think of her entering entering this new and strange land. Though to be honest, I think she'll navigate the landscape far better than I ever did. She is quick and honest, and her fiance is patient and loving. Not a bad combination.

So, tonight in between typing up my observation schedule for work and sending back comments on student assignments, I'll be making an invitation list because the wedding announcements need to go out THIS WEEK or we'll be in deep doodoo as bridal etiquette says invitations should go out 4-6 weeks before the wedding and we are cutting it awfully close.

Oh, and I made cookies Friday, which I hardly ever do anymore. But I figured the last son left at home deserved some semblance of a mother being a mom, beyond "Have you done your chores?"

No comments: