Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Choices

Tonight has been pleasant. Let me rephrase that, today has been pleasant. I still struggle with waking up and realizing that I do NOT have to rush through the day. I've become so used to carrying around the weight of my previous life that it's hard to believe it's changed ... at least for now. I wonder how long it will be before the ghost pains cease.

So what does a pleasant day look like? Getting up 10 minutes or so before DS needs the shower. Having time to eat a bowl of cereal with him before he leaves for school. Having time to take him his gym shorts he forgot for his yoga class 2nd period. Being able to answer a call from DD just because I CAN. Eating a good lunch while reading FB postings. Taking DS to renew his driver license and not even minding the wait in the DMV. Going to the gym with other DS. Coming home and having time to talk with a long-distance friend for an hour. Sitting down to dinner with the fam, asking DH about his day and the project he is working on. Then realizing that for the rest of the night, I can read, or write, or watch TV if I want to just because I WANT TO.

No comments: